Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is IV vitamin therapy safe?
- IV vitamin therapy is safe and a very effective treatment for those who have vitamin deficiencies, have a weakened immune system, compromised intestinal health, and preexisting health conditions. It is always recommended to consult with your primary physician before trying any new treatments. Our IV therapies and injection therapies contain natural vitamins, minerals and amino acids that are found in foods and supplementation. Sensitives and allergies are very rare. Before any treatments are administered, you will undergo a complimentary Wellness Examination with one of our licensed nurses who will evaluate if you are a good candidate for our therapies.
2. How often should I receive treatment?
- The frequency of treatments varies between individuals. A few factors that can contribute to vitamin deficiencies are stress, chronic diseases, GI distress, cancer, certain medications, and more. We recommended treatment at least once a month to maintain a healthy lifestyle. If preexisting conditions exist, a frequency may be more often, as much as once a week.
3. How does IV vitamin therapy work?
- Intravenous (IV) therapy is the administration of a fluid substance (solution) directly into a vein as a therapeutic treatment. When solutions are administered via IV, the ingredients are 100% bioavailable. Bioavailability if the measurement of the amount of the substance that the body retains. In simpler terms, when you receive something intravenously, your body absorbs 100% of that solution. What this means is that when you receive doses of vitamins and minerals through our IV therapies, you absorb all of it. We are able to bypass the digestive tract and allow the body to absorb these nutrients that are so crucial to health and wellness. We are also able to administer much higher doses than what we can tolerate orally. When we take an oral supplement, we absorb a fraction of the nutrient, sometimes as low as 15%.
4. How long will my appointment take?
- A typical IV therapy treatment takes about 30-45 minutes. There are a few treatments that take longer, as much as 90 minutes. Please ask your nurse for treatment time so you can plan accordingly. If you are receiving an injection therapy, this appointment typically is about 10-15 minutes. We pride ourselves in low wait times and quick, yet thorough service.
5. What are the benefits of IV therapy?
- Benefits of IV vitamin therapy range from optimal hydration, electrolyte balance, 100% bioavailability, maximum dosing of essential nutrients, and bypassing the digestive tract. IV vitamin therapy may boost the immune system, increase energy levels, reduce brain fog, detox cells, and speed up healing and recovery. Visit our menu of services to learn more about our IV vitamin therapies and what they can do for your health.
- As with any medical treatment, there are a few risks involved. Your nurse will review these with you during your initial appointment.
6. Can pregnant/breastfeeding individuals receive IV therapy?
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, we have a limited menu that is available to you. This is for the safety of mom and baby. We recommended consulting with your OBGYN before receiving any treatments.
7. Do I need to get blood work prior to coming in for treatment?
- No. We do not require blood work prior to receiving vitamin treatment. All of our treatments were created and put together by our team of Physicians and pharmacy partners who regulate safe and effective doses of nutrients. If pre-existing conditions are present, please inform your nurse before receiving treatment. Certain medications may decrease absorption of important vitamins and nutrients through oral supplementation. Your nurse will make recommendations based on your specific needs.
8. When should I expect to notice the effects of my treatment?
- Everyone processes vitamins differently and at different rates. On average, people feel more hydrated and pain relieved immediately after receiving treatment. For those doing treatments for immune function, it makes take several treatments to begin noticing improvements. Usually, energy and mental clarity are the most noticeable improvements within 1-3 days of receiving treatment.
9. How long will the treatment last in my system?
- Similar to how quickly you will feel benefits of our therapies, your current health status will determine how long these nutrients will last in your body system. Being that the nutrients administer via IV are water soluble, they usually have a lifespan of 7-10 days. The effects of these powerful vitamins may last much longer, as much as a few weeks. It is important to stay consistent with treatments as if there is too much time between treatments, your blood serum levels will be depleted each time and we will essentially need to build the levels back up each time. The more consistent you are with treatments, the better!
10. Is there a doctor on site?
- Our company, VitaLounge, encompasses a team of Medical Doctors and Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine. Our physicians have devoted themselves to alternative therapies and holistic health. They have a passion for health and wellness, as well as prevention of disease. Doctors Wry, M.D. and Tygrett, D.O. oversee our facilities in Central Florida. They ensures safety for all patients and the nursing staff. Through decades of studying and patient trials, we have developed all of our IV and injection protocols for safe use.
11. Who administers my treatments?
- Registered nurses licensed in the state of Florida. All of our nursing team undergoes IV safety courses, vitamin education, and ACLS, BLS certification.
12. Are there any restrictions after receiving treatment?
- There are rarely any restrictions after receiving one of our IV or injection therapies. We do advise light activity afterward and getting lots of rest. Drinking water will also help detox pathways if antioxidants were received. At the IV/injection site, we recommend leaving the bandage on for at least 15 minutes and up to an hour depending on how easily you bruise.
13. Will my body feel overwhelmed by all of the nutrients at once?
- We believe this to be false! Many of our vitamins and minerals work together for optimal function. For example, calcium and magnesium must be present in the body together in order for proper use and absorption. B vitamins work the same way. For optimal use by the body, they must all be present. We believe in proper nutrient balance and achieve such results by including several nutrients during one infusion.
14. Where does VitaLounge get their injectables?
- FDA Regulated Sterile Compounding 503.b pharmacies located in the United States.