Research suggests a significant portion of the North American population has suboptimal levels of vitamin D. Most holistically oriented health care practitioners regard a blood level of vitamin D between 50 – 100 ng/mL as optimal. The amount of vitamin D in this formula may correct the deficiencies of patients who do not get adequate sun exposure and/or dietary sources of these vitamins. Liposomal D Supreme provides 2500 IU of D3 in each 1-pump serving, making it an ideal choice for those who need higher dosing but prefer to swallow fewer pills.
Vitamin D is essential for healthy immune function, calcium homeostasis, and more. Owing to their complementary roles in calcium trafficking and skeletal homeostasis, it is recommended to include vitamin K when supplementing vitamin D. Increasing the amount of vitamin D in the presence of inadequate levels of vitamin K may increase the risk of calcium deposition in arteries and soft tissue and have a negative effect on arterial elasticity. Liposomal D Supreme provides vitamin K as both K1 and K2, the latter being required for activation of osteocalcin and matrix Gla protein, critical for bone health and protecting against arterial calcification.
CAUTION: Vitamin K may adversely interact with anticoagulation drugs known as blood thinners. Patients taking these medications should be medically supervised while taking Liposomal D Supreme.
Benefits of Liposomal Delivery
- Superior absorption and intracellular delivery of nutrients
- Phospholipid structure allows for effective delivery of compounds with different solubilities carried within the same particle (e.g., water- and lipid-soluble compounds)
- Penetrates the blood-brain barrier
- Survives the acidic environment of the stomach, ensuring intestinal uptake and delivery to the lymphatic system
- Convenient for those who prefer to swallow fewer pills; also allow for easy dosing